Thursday, November 6, 2014

New York Cheese cake Recipe

I got this recipe from my mom's recipe book. Many of my customer prefer to order this cheese cake instead of others. And me loving this too..my all time favorite.




 Ingredients;

Crumb crust
8 ounces crackers (marie@jacobs @oreo) but i usually use marie biscuit
150 grams unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt


cheesecake filling: (I usually do double)
5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
5 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Pitted Cherry topping
10 ounces of pitted cherries in can
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar*
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup water

Make crumb crust:

Combine all of crust ingredient,  and press onto bottom and up the sides, stopping one inch shy of the top rim**, of a buttered 9 1/2-inch (or 24 cm) springform pan. You can fill it right away but I like to pop my into the freezer so it quickly sets while I prepare the filling.

cheesecake filling:

Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, flour and zest with an electric mixer until smooth. Add vanilla, then eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating on low speed until each ingredient is incorporated.

Pour filling into crust  and baking in baking pan in the middle of the oven for 12 minutes or until puffed. Reduce the temperature to 160 degrees , about one hour more.

Pitted cherry topping :

Place all ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, cook it for an additional one to two minutes then remove from heat. Cool completely.


No comments: